Ingredients1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 medium lemon (approximately 3 tablespoon lemon juice)
Pinch of sea salt (or kosher)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup half and half cream
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons capers
4 boneless, skinless salmon filets
2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- Add butter and olive oil to a small saucepan at medium-low heat. Once butter is melted and whisked add lemon juice. Whisk constantly to combine.
- Gradually whisk in cream and then milk.
- Add 1 tablespoon of capers. Keep whisking. Sauce will reduce to 2/3.
- Add additional tablespoon of capers. Whisk constantly to make sure the sauce stays incorporated and does not separate.
- Wash salmon under cold water, pat dry with paper towel and season with Mrs Dash, lemon pepper, and rosemary on one side.
- Spray a flat frying pan with a lid with cooking spray.
- Sauté salmon, spice side down over medium-high heat. Flip over when salmon is nicely seared. Season top, turn and sauté other side. Once salmon is seared on the other side, turn to the lowest heat and cover for approximately 15 minutes.