2 cups dry elbow macaroni
1 -2 cans Campbell's condensed Cheddar Cheese soup (I used 2 but had too much - it depends how creamy you like your mac n cheese)
1 cup shredded extra sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon margarine or butter - melted
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs (I made my own from whole wheat bread)
1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray casserole/baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, if desired.
3. For quicker prep, while macaroni cooks, combine cheddar cheese soup, milk, & pepper in a pot on stove top.
4. When cheese mixture is warm and well combined, sprinkle in 3/4 of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
5. Add drained, cooked pasta into cheddar cheese sauce and toss/stir to coat.
6. Pour combination into casserole dish. Sprinkle top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Combine melted margarine with breadcrumbs and sprinkle over top of mac n cheese .
8. Bake until hot & bubbling - approx. 20 minutes if sauce prepared on stove top.