Adapted from Cooking Light
Any kind of short pasta can be substituted for farfalle.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
- 4 cups cooked farfalle (about 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta)
- 2 cups diced ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 3/4 cup sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the olive oil and remaining ingredients, and stir mixture well with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently. Cover salad and chill.
Ok, I didn't follow the recipe that closely but the part I did follow closely was the dressing and that was the best part! My modifications:
- Used grilled chicken breast from the night before
- Omitted celery and peas (didn't have them) and added green onion
- Used baby spinach as a lettuce base
- Used orzo pasta in place of farfalle
- Doubled dressing recipe but you could do at least that much - we almost ran out for just 2 servings.